Snakey Starbucks surprise

In the news this week is the story of a Texan man who was startled by a snake at his local Starbucks when he went to use the loo. Bruce Ahlswede responded as anyone would – he called in staff and his wife to take a look.

Fortunately, the snake was harmless and disappeared shortly after the man’s wife snapped a photo.

Snakes in toilets are such a regular occurrence that I could dedicate whole blog posts to them. From rattlesnakes in porta-loos to cobras using loos to gain access to classrooms, there really is a horror story for every occasion.

In August 2013, a Croatian student found this massive snake in the toilet of her uncle’s place where she goes to study, because it’s quiet…  While not poisonous (like that somehow makes it okay!) the snake is still terrifying. The student and her family named the snake Bosko.

Bosko - the completely unterrifying and friendly toilet snake...
Bosko – the completely unterrifying and friendly toilet snake…

Other folks haven’t been quite so lucky. Earlier this year, an Israeli man had his penis bitten by a non-venomous snake. Despite his injury, paramedics say the man was able to ‘have a laugh at his own expense’.

Of course, we who have the luxury of toilets shouldn’t complain. Toilet snake attacks are relatively rare. It could be worse – you could have to pee outside where you’re really in danger of getting bitten.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nat Newman - portrait

Nat Newman

Nat Newman is an award-winning writer of short stories, content, podcasts, feature articles, drunk text messages and, soon, a novella.

COMING SOON

The Office of Dead Letters

SEARCH OLD BLOG POSTS

latest posts

words | travel | life | beer

Sign up for the newsletter for your monthly dose of words, travel, life, beer.